S2:E4 – In this episode, Joe and Megan connect with Ryan O’Donnell to discuss some burning questions we had about social media, research, and everything in between. The format is slightly different, we each take about 5 minutes answering one of the show questions and then we reflect at the end of the episode about what we learned by listening to each other. Make sure to check out the resources linked below to learn more about the perspectives shared!
Episode Resources shared by Megan:
- Do Better Collective Ethics Webinar
- Beaulieu, L., Addington, J., & Almeida, D. (2019). Behavior analysts’ training and practices regarding cultural diversity: The case for culturally competent care. Behavior Analysis in Practice, 12(3), 557-575. Bevill-Davis, A., Clees, T. J., & Gast, D. L. (2004). Correspondence training: A review of the literature. Journal of Early and Intensive Behavior Intervention, 1(1), 13.
- Critchfield, T. S., Doepke, K. J., Epting, L. K., Becirevic, A., Reed, D. D., Fienup, D. M., … & Ecott, C. L. (2017). Normative emotional responses to behavior analysis jargon or how not to use words to win friends and influence people. Behavior Analysis in Practice, 10(2), 97-106.
- Klimecki, O. M. (2019). The role of empathy and compassion in conflict resolution. Emotion Review, 11(4), 310-325.
- LaFrance, D. L., Weiss, M. J., Kazemi, E., Gerenser, J., & Dobres, J. (2019). Multidisciplinary teaming: Enhancing collaboration through increased understanding. Behavior Analysis in Practice, 12(3), 709-726.
- McGill, O., & Robinson, A. (2020). ‘Recalling hidden harms’: autistic experiences of childhood Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA). Advances in Autism.
- Miller, K. L., Cruz, A. R., & Ala’i-Rosales, S. (2019). Inherent tensions and possibilities: Behavior analysis and cultural responsiveness. Behavior and Social Issues, 28(1), 16-36.
- Museux, A. C., Dumont, S., Careau, E., & Milot, É. (2016). Improving interprofessional collaboration: The effect of training in nonviolent communication. Social work in health care, 55(6), 427-439.
- Robinson, A., Galbraith, I., & Carrick, L. (2020). Practitioner experience of the impact of humanistic methods on autism practice: a preliminary study. Advances in Autism.
- Taylor, B. A., LeBlanc, L. A., & Nosik, M. R. (2019). Compassionate care in behavior analytic treatment: Can outcomes be enhanced by attending to relationships with caregivers?. Behavior Analysis in Practice, 12(3), 654-666.
- Tschaepe, M. (2018). Cultural Humility and Dewey’s Pattern of Inquiry: Developing Good Attitudes and Overcoming Bad Habits. contemporary pragmatism, 15(1), 152-164
- Wright, P. I. (2019). Cultural humility in the practice of applied behavior analysis. Behavior Analysis in Practice, 12(4), 805-809.
Episode Resources shared by Ryan: