The BACB® Professional and Ethical Compliance Code (Code) provides Board Certified Behavior Analysts®(BCBAs), Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analysts®(BCaBAs), and Registered Behavior Technicians®(RBTs) with standards to adhere to in order to protect the consumers of behavior analytic services. The current version of the Code has guidelines that could be applicable to an online professional community but there are very few guidelines that clearly apply to this type of environment. The purpose of this webinar is to provide members of The Do Better Collective with some examples of how the Code can be interpreted to interact with an online professional community, how to recognize the difference between disliking someone’s opinion and a potential code violation, how to approach someone who may be engaging in a potential code violation within The Do Better Collective, and how to respond to the possibility of a potential code violation within The Do Better Collective. Additionally, this webinar provides clear expectations and agreements for members of the Community. The webinar concludes by laying the foundation for Community members regarding the critical features of actively participating in a Community that values multiple perspectives and listening to learn. Additional trainings and activities within the Community will build on this foundation.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 3 guidelines within the Code that interact with an Online Professional Community
- Participants will be able to explain the difference between disliking someone’s opinion and a potential code violation
- Participants will be able to explain The Do Better Collective community agreements
- Participants will be able to explain what to do if they encounter a potential Code violation within the Do Better Collective
- Participants will be able to identify and explain at least 1 research study relating to the importance of listening to learn.
There are no reviews yet.