This webinar focuses on going beyond the typical training provided on functions of behavior and behavioral assessment to provide attendees with a more comprehensive understanding of how to navigate challenging behavior. Dr. Miller provides an overview of how to truly conduct functional assessment and analysis and reviews research in support of advancements in functional analysis technology such as the Interview Informed Synthesized Contingency Analysis (Hanley, 2015). She then provides a deeper dive into considerations relating to ethical and flexible application of extinction, addressing stereotypy, and maintaining analysis when designing behavior intervention plans. This webinar includes video examples and access to a google drive folder with example programs.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the primary purpose of functional assessment
- Identify at least 1 benefit to using advancements in functional analysis technologies
- Explain at least 1 ethical consideration regarding extinction
- Explain 1 treatment option for stereotypy
- Describe the importance of maintaining analysis in developing behavior intervention plans
- Describe at least 1 general guideline to follow when addressing challenging behavior