The Hidden Link: A Behavior Analyst’s Guide to Emotional Regulation
Original Date: March 6th, 2023
What’s the secret to unlocking the full potential of your clients? Attend Dr. DeLeon’s workshop on Emotional Regulation and discover the game-changing skill set that’s been hiding in plain sight. Dr. DeLeon brings her deep expertise and keen insights to this workshop, providing an overview of the science behind emotional regulation and how to effectively teach these critical skills to clients. Drawing on a wealth of research and practical experience, Dr. DeLeon will guide you through the key skill areas that are essential for promoting long-term behavioral change. Don’t miss this opportunity to gain a crucial edge in your practice and help your clients achieve their full potential!
- Attendees will be able to define emotional regulation
- Attendees will be able to define interoception
- Attendees will be able to describe phases of emotional regulation from infancy to toddlerhood
- Attendees will be able to describe the importance of co-regulation and self-regulation
- Attendees will be able to describe at least 3 foundational skill repertoires to assess relating to developing emotional regulation
- Attendees will be able to describe at least 3 environmental modifications that support the development of emotional regulation skills
Megan Miller, PhD, BCBA-D, LBA
Emotional Regulation Skills
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Megan Miller, Ph.D., BCBA-D, LBA
Megan Miller, Ph.D., BCBA-D, LBA (pronouns she/her/hers) is Chief Clinical Officer of DoBetter Collective. Megan earned her Ph.D. in Special Education and Behavior Analysis at The Ohio State University in 2015. Dr. Miller’s early training in behavior analysis occurred at the Cleveland Clinic Center for Autism as a volunteer/intern in 2003. Since that time, she has provided services to over 100 children diagnosed with autism and other disabilities. Dr. Miller has taught courses in behavior analysis and special education as an adjunct professor for several universities. She has co-authored journal articles published in the Journal of Developmental Physical Disability, Behavior Analysis in Practice, and Teaching Exceptional Children. She also co-authored “The 7 Steps to Earning Instructional Control” with Robert Schramm, BCBA. Megan has provided over 40 presentations to numerous professional organizations around the globe. In 2018, Dr. Miller started the #dobetter professional development movement to improve access to training in best practices in the field of behavior analysis via a free online community, webinars, and a podcast.
There are no reviews yet.