Effectively Developing Reinforcers, Play, and Leisure Skills - Group
The purpose of this webinar is to teach attendees how to identify goals and deficits relating to building reinforcers, play behavior, and leisure skills and use this information to develop effective interventions to improve the quality of life for the clients that we serve. Additionally, this webinar includes a discussion about the difference between play and leisure skills and provides recommendations on how to effectively program for these two drastically different skillsets.
- Attendees will be able to state at least 2 reasons for lack of play skills
- Attendees will be able to provide at least 1 example of how to build reinforcers
- Attendees will be able to describe at least 2 differences between play and leisure skills
- Attendees will be able to identify at least 1 resource for teaching play, leisure, and social skills
- Attendees will be able to provide at least 1 example of how to teach social skills
Megan Miller, Ph.D., BCBA-D, LBA (pronouns she/her/hers) is Chief Clinical Officer of DoBetter Collective. Megan earned her Ph.D. in Special Education and Behavior Analysis at The Ohio State University in 2015. Dr. Miller’s early training in behavior analysis occurred at the Cleveland Clinic Center for Autism as a volunteer/intern in 2003. Since that time, she has provided services to over 100 children diagnosed with autism and other disabilities. Dr. Miller has taught courses in behavior analysis and special education as an adjunct professor for several universities. She has co-authored journal articles published in the Journal of Developmental Physical Disability, Behavior Analysis in Practice, and Teaching Exceptional Children. She also co-authored “The 7 Steps to Earning Instructional Control” with Robert Schramm, BCBA. Megan has provided over 40 presentations to numerous professional organizations around the globe. In 2018, Dr. Miller started the #dobetter professional development movement to improve access to training in best practices in the field of behavior analysis via a free online community, webinars, and a podcast.