The effectiveness of behavior analytic interventions hinges on how well we can train parents and other caregivers to implement behavioral strategies in the natural environment. The purpose of this webinar is to review parent training materials, policies and procedures, and practices that we use to effectively train parents. Resources that help support effective parent training are also discussed. Participants will learn how to conduct more structured parent training and will receive examples to documents that can be used when conducting parent training.
Participants will be able to:
- Explain recommended guidelines for parent training
- Explain at least 3 recommendations for parent training and coaching
- Explain appreciative inquiry and how to apply it within parent training
- Apply at least 1 strategy for collaborating with parents
- Apply at least 1 strategy for documenting parent training activities