Presenters: Amelia Bowler, BCBA
CEs: 2 Learning BACBs
When you are asked to work with a child diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder, what does that label tell you about the child?
Often, psychiatric labels describe the topography of behavior, not the function or context.
In this webinar, we will look more deeply at the ways children diagnosed with ODD respond in unexpected ways, and what we can do to help them.
- explain the criteria for ODD diagnosis, common co-morbidities
- overview of emotional self-regulation process.
- describe the importance of cultural competence and one way to address implicit bias.
- describe coercive control
- identify common ABA strategies that are not effective for students diagnosed with ODD