One of the core functions of a behavior analyst’s job is to determine how to arrange the environment to promote skill acquisition and reduction of challenging behavior. Functional communication training, demand fading, and behavioral skills training are all intervention packages that can be used to achieve this goal. The purpose of this webinar is to review the literature related to each of these intervention packages and provide video examples of how to successfully apply each of these strategies. A thorough analysis of these interventions is crucial in creating intervention environments that result in a happy and motivated learner and decrease the reliance on traditional extinction procedures. Participants receive access to example intervention protocols to support implementation of demand fading, functional communication training, and behavioral skills training.
Participants will be able:
- To summarize the research on demand fading
- To summarize the research on behavioral skills training
- To summarize the research on functional communication training
- To explain how demand fading can be used as an alternative to traditional extinction procedures and describe the steps to follow to successfully implement demand fading
- To explain the steps to implement to promote successful implementation of functional communication training
- To describe how behavioral skills training can be used with clients to promote acquisition of skills